Elastomeric Compression Seal
Main components are Edge Beam and Seal.
- Recess shall be prepared little lowered in a pre-determind position and the edge beams shall be placed in a position that both are aligned properly.
- Steel structure and main reinforcement bar shall be enchored with proper welding.
- Alignment shall be checked for both steel structures,if required by using suitable device.
- Recess shall be filled with high quality of the concrete not less than M 35 grade.
- Kantaflex compression seal of the required length shall be inserted in between the edge beams by using the proper device,duly applying adhesive recommended by the manufacturer.
- When the recess concrete has become set, a study ramp shall be placed over the joint to protect the exposed steel deams and the elastomeric seal from the traffic.
- Without the carriageway surfacing, expansion joint shall not be exposed to traffic loading.